Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Ante Meridiem

I wish I could have stayed in that place of sweet slumbering twilight last night. The place where you write your best work, figure out the meaning of life, and all of the answers just come. You feel satisfied and accomplished; but the daybreak comes and it all disappears, slowly, like the morning mist gives way to the sun.

I saw you there, that day. One, two, three, four...into the woods.  Wanting to shout out his name because it was my place to be there, it was supposed to be me. I guess now I see how ridiculous I looked, all of those days.

What has become of us? No more kindness, compassion, mercy or grace. It's reserved only for those not selectively persecuted. In a class all of my own. I rejoiced for a time.

I live. I eat. I tend my sheep. I sleep.










No comments:

Post a Comment